Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WEEKEND WARRIOR FITNESS TIPS

CALLING ALL MY WEEKEND WARRIORS!


Do you dread taking the Annual Physical Fitness Test? Do you prepare for the fitness test 1-2 months out? Do you lack motivation to work out to exceed standards? Are you passing with just the minimum standards to meet regulation? Do you strive to maybe one day get that 300?

If you answered yes to any of these questions...you've come to the right place! I'd like to talk about how changing my mental thinking standards about the fitness test and mentally and physically preparing for that 300 finally got me there! Come back for daily tips to improve on reaching that 300 goal!

It took me 5 years from the day I joined the military to finally get a 300 on my Army Physical Fitness test. We all know it's only taken once a year so it gets easy to wait 2 months out before most of us prepare for it. My mentality was "OK, I need 17 push ups, 53 sit ups, and an 18 Minute  two mile run to pass" (This is roughly the minimum standard for Army Females) It may be different for other branches.

Sounds easy enough right? Wrong! When I had those numbers in my head, I had the worst time preparing for the fitness test. Most of us struggled to just get even that! It wasn't until I changed my mental thinking that my numbers started to rise.

For months, I reminded myself that in order to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test I had to have 50 push ups, 85 sit ups and a 15 minute two mile run. I overestimated the numbers so I had wiggle room. And it sounds crazy but it worked! It got to the point where I couldn't remember what the "minimum" 60% standards were anymore and I prepared for just those maximum numbers. And I never looked back!

How I started? Different Story but I want to give you this first tip: Strive for that 300, strive to be the best, strive to really give it your all! And the most important part...you can do it!

TIP: Write down the maximum number needed for your fitness test that will get you 100% across the board. If you use your phone all the time...set alarms or notifications reminding you everyday. Mentally prepare yourself by doing this and telling yourself you WANT this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment